Caramel Apple French Toast
Today's breakfast. This is one of the "make the night before" recipes that I love. Enjoy!!
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 12 slices sweet French Bread not sourdough
- 6 to 8 green apples peeled and thinly sliced
- 6 eggs
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
In a small saucepan, mix butter, brown sugar and corn syrup over medium heat; stirring constantly until thickened. Grease 13 X 9 inch pan and pour mixture into the bottom of the pan. Arrange bread slices over the caramel mixture; top with apple slices. Mix eggs, milk and vanilla together and pour over apples. Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg. Cover and put in refrigerator over night. In the morning, preheat oven to 350 and bake for 50 to 60 minutes. Sprinkle with nuts and serve with whipped cream.