Hash Brown Quiche
Breakfast was so colorful today! This is a great recipe for those who have removed gluten from their diet. Give it a try!
- 1 package frozen shredded hash browns 24 ounces, thawed
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup cut up cooked bacon
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 Tablespoon dried onion
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoning salt
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Press hash browns into greased 9 inch pie pan. Brush with butter. Bake 25 minutes. (NOTE: I do this far the night before and then refrigerate the cooked potatoes to make less work in the AM) Put oven to 350 degrees. Spread potatoes with ricotta cheese, sprinkle on dried onion, put on cheeses and bacon. In a medium bowl, mix eggs, milk, cayenne pepper and seasoning salt. Pour over cheeses and bacon. Bake 30 minutes or until set. ENJOY!!